Our extensive field experience combined with continual technological and product training enables us to communicate and work closely with engineers, architects, managers and owners in developing proper procedures and material selection for a successful project.
Regardless of the knowledge we’ve gained in more than 25-30 years of reinforced concrete construction, it is important for owners to recognize that concrete repair and strengthening is a scientific art form that involves the use of conventional cement-based materials, in addition to new techniques and materials.
Strengthening assessment and design should not be treated lightly because of its high level of complexity. A variety of factors including technical (engineering), constructability (construction methods), aesthetics (architectural) and economics (return on investment) each play a role. We bring together the engineers and technicians that are familiar with all of the critical aspects that will ensure the most cost-effective and long-lasting results.
Look for cracks, excessive deflection, connection failure, instability, floor settlement, foundation settlement, tilt, spalling concrete, corrosion of steel, termite infestation, dry and wet rot timber, etc. This could entail judicious removal of plaster or architectural finishes to establish the underlying structural condition. The scope of the full structural investigation by an engineer includes the following:
• Obtaining information relating to the design, construction, maintenance and history of the building;
• Assessing the structural adequacy of the building by checking the structural plans and calculations and reconstructing the structural plans if they are not available;
• Carrying out tests on the materials used and structural elements of the building;
• Carrying out load test on parts of the building if necessary;
• Recommendation of appropriate safety precautionary and remedial measures to restore the structural stability and integrity of the building structure.
Have any questions for our team? Contact Us today!
The Aerial Companies, Inc. is available to provide structural reinforcement for historic and contemporary buildings, commercial establishments, and luxury estate homes in Florida including areas around Sarasota, Naples, Boynton Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, West Palm Beach, Tallahassee, and Daytona Beach.